Tuesday, March 15, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Parade

The San Diego Digital SLR Group's meet up this month was the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Hillcrest. It is always fun to get together with the great folks in this group. It was a beautiful day for a parade. St Patrick is known as the patron saint of Ireland. True, he was not a born Irish. But he has become an integral part of the Irish heritage, mostly through his service across Ireland of the 5th century. I must admit that the cowboys in the parade were my favorite subjects. I've always loved a good western! I know, what do cowboys have to do with St. Patrick's Day?



Then there was this bad looking bandito.

More parade photos can be found in the gallery here: St. Patrick's Day Parade 2011


4 comments:

  1. Very Nice, LaRee. Your images are always nice but lately it seems, you've kicked it up a few notches. Love the B&W:~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Greg! I'd like to track those cowboys down and do a "proper" shoot with them. ;0

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black & white really works well with these. If I had to choose, I would say that the first one is my favorite - but really I like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you Frank. The first photo posted here is my favorite from the day too. Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete