Sunday, November 6, 2016

The Burrowing Owl

Along the San Diego River, I found a Burrowing Owl. I passed by it a couple times on my daily walk. Since it seemed like it had made a home there at least for the time being, I bought my camera down and took some photos. I had fun the couple days I took my camera with me. We'll see how long he or she hangs around the area. It seems quite content. It isn't bothered at all being a mere 10 to 15 feet off the road. There aren't a bunch of cars that drive Old Sea World Dr. but the ones that do, drive way too fast. The only time I saw this bird get nervous was when an Osprey flew overhead. It didn't like that. This wee owl is about 8" tall at the most.

This owl is a small bird but look at that beak!
The other profile

Just about as straight on as I could during this visit
I do believe I am boring this owl.
The second day I was able to go around to the back side and get a peek at the legs of the owl.


No comments:

Post a Comment